Luigi Gedda Institute of Medical Genetics & Twin Research

Luigi Gedda Institute of Medical Genetics & Twin Research
1979
Mount of Olives

View on map

The Luigi Gedda Institute of Medical Genetics & Twin Research was a branch of the medical institute in Rome founded by Italian geneticist and twin specialist Luigi Gedda (1902-2000).The institute included a residential section for 50-60 researchers and their families, a library, a lecture hall, study rooms and a chapel. It was designed by architect J. Aveta as a series of broken masses so as to achieve optimal harmony between the building and the line of the Mount of Olives. The institute closed in 2002 and the facility became a convent of the Holy Order of St. Bridget of Sweden.